[Question #50905]: Wifi not connecting

I've installed Ubuntu-eee 8.04.1 on an Asus 901 EEE PC, installed WICD, and pretty much everything worked fine for a while and now I am unable to connect to my wifi here at my home.  I have been able to connect (and am still able to connect) to other open wifi networks without any issue, but I can't seem to connect to my own open network.  I don't have any security set up (I live in the middle of nowhere ... and haven't seen any deer or moose carrying laptops), so I haven't much need for router access security.

The laptop seems to connect fine on other open networks, as I mentioned, and I'm able to connect another 901 Eee PC that is running Xandros, a PC that is running XP, and a Mac that is running OS X.  The problem has to be with the Ubuntu OS/wireless config, but I can't figure out what the problems is.

The Ubuntu system SEES the network, it says it's got a 100% signal (I sit right next to it when I'm working on the system), but when it attempts to connect it doesn't seem to be able to obtain an IP address.  I have 50 virtual addresses set up on my Linksys router (standard config), so it's not like I've eaten them up or anything.  Does anybody have any ideas what I need to fix?  Why would the Ubuntu system let me connect to other open wireless networks but not to my own?

For what it's worth, I've tried pulling the battery ... thinking that maybe that would clear the wireless config and that the system would have to renegotiate ... but that didn't work.  What commands can I use to clear the config?  I've checked the BIOS and it says the wireless is enabled.  I've disabled it and then re-enabled it, but still nothing.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Do I have to reinstall drivers?  How would I do that?  Where would I find them?  I looked at setting up WICD to re-install, but I don't think I was able to do that (can't remember ... I've tried so many things).

Thanks for your time.