[Question #51175]: 8.04: is it planed an upgrate to kernel ...27?

I want to buy a 10.2" Netbook to listen my music collection and would
like to instal on it Ubuntu. It should be the version 8.10, because only
of the Kernel... 27 the necessary drivers of such Netbooks contains. On
the other hand I would rather like to have the version 8.04 LTS because
it is there already since April, 2008 and might run better than 8.10.

Question:

If it is to be expected realistically, 8.04 sometime also on the
Kernel... 27 upgradet becomes? Or is it not planned with 8.04 at all?