Re: [Question #54954]: Boot from CD - excape key @ boot doesnot seem to work

lanzen requested for more information:
The bios I got is revision 1206. You can get it from:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us
I have updated to that as soon as I got the eeepc 1000H before I did any repartitioning using GParted fom a live usb.

I have a double boot set up in grub where I can choose xp or any linux
kernel I've installed so far (I usually boot into Adam's
2.6.27-8-eeepc).  I am running intrepid here, as ubuntu eee 8.10 is
still in development. I must say that the eeepc 1000H can easily take
the standard ubuntu as HD space is no problem. Also UNR may not be
needed on a 10" screen. The HD is, as advertised, 160 GB big.

As far as I can recall, initially the HD was roughly divided  in C:\ 80
GB, D:\ 80 GB plus an extra 40 MB hidden partition. Are you sure yours
is 40 GB? In which case you'd been luckier than me! ;)

I've kept the small 40 MB partition intact, and resized C:\ to 40 GB. So
now I have (linuxspeak in gparted):

sda1 ntfs 38.15 xp
sda2 extended
    sda5 etx3   / (root)
    sda6 swap
    sda7 etx3   /
    sda 8 ntfs   /media/data
sda3 39,22 mb  - unknown

In the bios I've found nothing to prevent boot from a CD, but the CD
must be made bootable and a std Ubuntu CD usually is. Also you're
talking about eeeubuntu, but that's not ubuntu eee, nor... Easy Peasy,
as it's going to be called soon.

Sorry it was long... What bios version have you got?