Re: [Question #54954]: Boot from CD - excape key @ boot doesnot seem to work

GJT gave more information on the question:

Dear Lanzen-
I did get Asus 1000H Acipi Bios v1206 loaded- I had gone initially to asus and looked up and downloaded what it said to (ASUS 0405), then aimed the Nicrosoft loader at it on my hard drive.  It was the wrong one, but the drop down list gave the correct one, I guess.   Is there another way to load a new BIOS?  I like open source tools.

Unfortunately, after the BIOS upgrade, the wireless n subsystem has
disappeared  and was not found by windows or the live version of Ubuntu
eee, so I have to fix that next before I load a new OS.  Anything you
know on this topic would be appreciated.

What tool did you use to partition?  I have an old copy of Partition
Magic.  Gparted I think is built in to Ubuntu eee,  but would not resize
partitions at all.  Most likely, the full verision would

Yes, the 40GB hidden(the partition tools said "Do Not Use") partition did turn out to be 40MB.  What function
does it have, if any?  The D drive was blank, but now has volume
information and "Recycler" with files begining "s-1-5-21-###..." This
made me dubious of erasing the drive and creating more drives out of
it, till I knew what it was doing.

And of course I need a to resisze the C drive as well, as you have.  I may not subdivide it as far as you have, but I was thinking of 3 evenly divided partitions.  You recomend Gparted?

I am not totally unfamilliar with Linux.  I have a dual boot Ubuntu
8.04LTS /Vista dual boot machine I am working on, and a debianed Xo with
Xfce4 dual booted with Fedora/Sugar.  I like a clean looking desk top
and would like to use a standard Uubuntu, but that doesn't seem to have
the EeePC drivers.  It found none of the ethernet or wireless N
hardware.  Can these drivers be downloaded separately?

I have been using a USB cd writer to load the OS.  I have had little success using dd to make live OS's on USB drives and SD cards.  I have followed directions explicitly, only to discover the image was un-bootable.  Clear step by step on making a USB live image would be greatly appreciated ther must be steps missing in the instructions I got from the Xo support sites, but I have no Idea what they might have lacked.
                           Glenn

http://windowslive.com/oneline/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_anywhere_122008