Re: [Question #54954]: Boot from CD - excape key @ boot doesnot seem to work

lanzen proposed the following answer:
Hi Glenn,

I would recommend using the Asus Update tool on xp to install the bios
while connected to the web through a cable. It can be done in linux, but
as xp is still there, why not to take advantage from it.

I can't see v. 0405 on the Asus eeepc bios page. Get and make sure you
have version 1206.

GParted, or similar, is on any live CD disk. It should be on ubuntu eee
as well, but if you can't find it, try Ubuntu 8.10 from Canonical. I had
problem in resizing during install, so I used gparted from the Ubuntu
Live disk on usb to prepared my partition, planned on paper, so that
they were already resized to my need when I run the actual installer.

I have no clue about the 40MB partition. It might have something to to
with the emergency restart or something similar. For sure, I would not
delete it.

Ubuntu eee has the Arrey.org kernel. See here:

http://www.array.org/ubuntu/

You should install his kernel even on plain Ubuntu if you want to see
your machine working properly.  Works beautifully on the 1000H. You'd
also need the Elmurato's script as well to get acpi working and get OSD
displayed.

Read a few threads on http://forum.eeeuser.com/viewforum.php?id=43

If you can get hold of machine running Intrepid, there's a nice
application to easily prepare your usb stick.

Once you've managed to fix your bios, get in bios setup (F2) and disable
the turbo (fast) boot. Restart and press Esc on boot and you should see
your usb pen listed.