[Question #55867]: webcam doesn't work on Asus eee 900

I just installed 8.04.1 on my eee 900. Overall, I'm delighted with it's performance and functionality when compared to the Linux version supplied by Asus. As noted in several earlier discussions this year - which I've read - my problem with a non-working built in webcam is not uncommon. The basic fix suggested was to install 8.04.1. But I've already done that. Another suggestion was to turn on the camera in the BIOS. I don't know how to do that, and I would appreciate some instructions on how to do that. I'm not a total novice- I know how to open a terminal window and enter commands; but I am not at all familiar with the Linux command and file system. By the way, I found some advice related to the same problem on the 901 on the eee Ubuntu manual site; but when I executed the suggested command sequence it failed on the last step because one of the libraries was missing.