Re: [Question #55762]: Is the ubuntu-eee metapackage available in any repo?

Question #55762 on Ubuntu Eee changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu-eee/+question/55762

Rouben requested for more information:
That is strange... Perhaps everything custom built is just part of the
CD with no possibility of upgrade via apt/aptitude? I do vaguely recall
reading a forum post (don't remember where) about upgrades not being
supported on Ubuntu-eee at this time.

Just out of curiosity, have you looked at eeeBuntu? It's a similar
project and it also uses the Array.org kernel builds for hardware
compatibility, so it should also work "out of the box".

I'm sort of in the same shoes as you are, as I am researching an upgrade
to the abysmal Xandros-based OS that shipped with my sister's eeePC 901
laptop. I've tried Ubuntu-eee, however didn't like the fact that it was
still 8.04.1 and the fact that upgrades are not supported (so you have
to do them the Fedora way, but booting the next versions install disc
and upgrading instead of using package manager or apt). eeeBuntu is next
on my list of things to try and if you want I can let you know what I
discover.