Re: [Question #55762]: Is the ubuntu-eee metapackage available in any repo?

Eduard Grebe gave more information on the question:
I have not looked at eeeBuntu. However, what worked perfectly well for me is
to install a vanilla 8.10 from USB stick, connect the machine to ethernet
(wifi does not work with the standard kernel), then add the array.org repo
and install the linux-eeepc and eeepc-config packages. (It is also a good
idea to uninstall the generic kernels, since if you don't everytime the
normal ubuntu kernel is updated, your grub gets updated to boot the latest
kernel, meaning you won't boot the eeepc kernel.) This is certainly what I
would recommend, in part because 8.10 has much better support for mobile
broadband than 8.04.1.

--
Eduard Grebe
AIDS & Society Research Unit