Re: [Question #59340]: Ubuntu-based distros do not install on my eee 901 - hang at initramfs busybox prompt

Question #59340 on Easy Peasy changed:

Jonathan Burley is still having a problem:
Hi Buz,

I have no idea what a eee 910 is either - as stated in the original post
(just re-read it a couple of times very very carefully), it's a eee 901.
They are small netbook computers produced by Asus.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASUS_Eee_PC, and also
http://www.eee-901.co.uk/, for example.

I'd assumed that the name "easy peasy" suggested this distro was
specifically designed for the eee PC? Also this forum is surely for the
ubuntu-eee distros, to judge by the address? Correct me if I am missing
something here, it certainly would not be the first time.

I have been following the online documentation for a standard install:

http://www.ubuntu-eee.com/wiki/index.php5?title=Get_Easy_Peasy

which mentions using a USB stick - hence that's what I tried. I don't
have access to a USB CD or DVD drive.

I literally get as far as a busybox prompt (which occurs after the
splash screen), with no output other than the prompt. If you could point
me in the direction of getting any diagnostic info at all that would
help a great deal. For example, are there any log files that I can
access from that prompt? Any diagnostic programs I can run from there?
I've typed "help" at the prompt and the commands available at the prompt
seem very limited, but *I am not an expert*.

Cheers.

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.