Re: [Question #59340]: Ubuntu-based distros do not install on my eee 901 - hang at initramfs busybox prompt

Question #59340 on Easy Peasy changed:

raifthewise proposed the following answer:
I've seen this happen in other circumstances when the SD card was formatted as FAT filesystem (which most of them are ex-factory) and the initramfs didn't contain a FAT driver. What worked for me was to reformat the card as ext2, then install the installation stuff. (I hope that makes sense). After that , no problem. Be aware though this was on different hardware.
USB sticks will be the same, they are normally formatted as FAT filesystem.
Anyway it's quick to try. To recap ;-
1) reformat the card you're going to use as ext2 (I used Gparted)
2) install your distribution onto it exactly as you did before.
3) give it a spin, if it works problem solved, if not I hope somebody else can come up with some other suggestions.

In any case persevere, its worth it to get an interface that doesn't
look like a Fisher-Price toy during an acid flashback, and doesn't mount
things as /media/D: (Memo to Xandros team - this is GNU/Linux guys,
we're using it to get away from twenty-year old bad design decisions by
Mucu$oft)

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.