Re: [Question #46763]: Keyboard languages "forgotten" after reboot

Question #46763 on Easy Peasy changed:

Dirk Herrmann posted a new comment:
I have a similar problem, but I have not activated automatic login.
Still, with every re-boot of my eeepc 900A the keyboard layout is set to
US.  And, although some time in between I had the german layout and
things seemed to work, I now have reached a situation, where the layout
is effectively US and I can not even set it to german layout.

I have set the keyboard layout at three different places:

- during installation of easypeasy I have chosen german keyboard layout
- there is an applet SCIM, where I have set my layout to german.  Still, when my mouse hovers over the applet icon it says "English/Keyboard"
- in the main menu / settings / keyboard I have chosen german layout and made it the default.

Still, the layout is US, and I don't know any further way to change it.

Thanks for your help.

Ubuntu Eee Coders, which is an answer contact for Easy Peasy.