ubuntu-elisp team mailing list archive

Re: ubuntu-elisp is not subscribed to emacsen-common

"era" <ubuntu-elisp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I found this mailing list just now, I recall looking for it before but
> not finding it ... Should the other ubuntu-elisp members who are not on
> the list be notified somehow?

Good idea. TBH, I had the impression that at least the active
ubuntu-elisp member were subscribed anyway or automatically. Now it
seems that this impression is clearly wrong. Still, this mailing list is
very quiet anyway, so perhaps could the "remaining" active members
perhaps speak up?

Things that we'd need to do: package emacs23! mwolson, do you happen to
have already work on it?

> I cannot figure out how to add more packages to the ubuntu-elisp group,
> is this something somebody here (mwolsen?) can do, or should I file a
> bug report against Launchpad, or something?  The package list is at
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-elisp/+packagebugs

That works by visiting the package summary page, click in the green
portlet at the upper right on 'subscribe to bug mail', and subscribe the
ubuntu-elisp team. This should make the package appear on +packagebugs

> Besides emacsen-common there are other packages which we should arguably
> monitor (if I understand the purpose of this group at all :-) --

Totally correct!

> apt-cache rdepends emacs produces 39 matches, and although there are
> duplicates and packages which are not directly relevant, most of those
> are, and are not subscribed at the moment.  (This is a weak heuristic;
> there are certainly other packages which are not listed by this simple
> recipe, either.)
>
> /* era */
>
> PS. Please don't leak my current email address, it's a special-purpose
> address for this list only.

OK!

Please let me state a big THANK YOU for your remarkably good job on bug
triaging on Emacs packages. This work is much appreciated!

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4