ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Latest versions in repos

I think it's been brought up before, but needs to be re-raised, this new
team is in need of clarification as to it's purpose.

The team is not part of either MOTU or Debian packagers, discussion about
getting new games packaged and existing packages updated is great, and there
seems to be some packagers on this team, but such discussion seems
misplaced.

Ubuntu is a distribution, there is some software developed for Ubuntu
(workflow, installation, user experience) but projects as big as writing
games - which would be equally useful on other Linux distros, really don't
belong here.  We're building up the Copyleft Games Group to umbrella such
projects.

On the launchpad, this team is listed as part of Ubuntu Marketing.  Let's
focus on that - the games that we already have need some hype, building
player community around them, encouraging LoCos to host lan parties, and
when new copyleft games come down the pipe working to promote them as a way
to promote Ubuntu.

Without a clearly defined scope I'm worried this team isn't going to be very
effective, just a lot of people with different ideas about what this team is
for announcing their interests but little constructive progress toward any
one goal.