ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu Gaming Team

On Tue, 2009-04-28 at 22:28 +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Philip Wyett <philwyett@xxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > It could. Maybe additions of:
> >
> >  - List of participants.
>
> https://alioth.debian.org/project/memberlist.php?group_id=30862
>
> >  - A collecting of the more useful links to get you started from the
> >    Debian wiki.
> >  - Reporting of bugs in Ubuntu and then recommended but voluntary how
> >    to check Debian bugs and go through that process.
>
> Probably.
>
> > Whilst musing... I know we have now the team to market and promote which
> > is this one and we have a void of no devel team visible on the Ubuntu
> > side any longer. Would it be feasible to maybe setup a games swat team
>
> What problem would creating a new team solve that couldn't be done
> within the Debian Games Team itself? Is using a mailing list ending in
> @alioth.debian.org instead of @ubuntu.com such an obstacle? why?

- It would solve having to go to pages hosted on servers with the self
  signed certificate problem. Launchpad does not have these issues.
- I have been subscribed since yesterday and these lists are spam
  heaven. Launchpad list control is better by my experience. I am very
  sure I have not won 2 million euro. ;-)
- Ubuntu users want to report and assign bugs to a Ubuntu team on
  launchpad and not be sent all over the place. This is not about
  what we know, but what a user knows and expects, which could be
  very little about what Debian is to Ubuntu etc.

Regards

Phil