ubuntu-gaming team mailing list archive

An ubuntu-gaming project we can all agree on

Rather than argue about who's role it is to develop or package games,
I'd like to propose a small community project that isn't directly
development related: Game Night.  There's plenty of open source
network games out there, that lack a vibrant pick-up game community.
Nothing's more depressing than seeing a surplus of servers and an
absence of players, and we can probably help fix that.

The project itself is simple: pick a night, a time, and a game and
play it.  Community involvement could include a range of activities:
* simply showing up to play
* promoting the event
* organizing a LoCo meeting in conjunction with the event
* staff help channels for people who can't connect or have driver issues
* moderating the activities
* hosting any servers involved

Of course, there's no need to go it alone here.  We could go out and
invite existing server admins to join in, for example.  I encourage
people to brainstorm other ways of engaging the broader FOSS
community.  Anyone like this idea? Anyone like it enough to help make
it happen?

Justin

Follow ups