ubuntu-gnome-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Proposed changes for Ubuntu GNOME 17.04

   1. Most computers these days won't even come with an optical unit, so it
   makes sense.
   2. Kill it with fire. As Tim mentions, I don't think any other distro
   ships it at all, even.
   3. Isn't it necessary for managing all your GPG keys? Or it just acts as
   a frontend?
   4. Meaning we'll keep adwaita-icon-theme?
   5. I'd wait for the next LTS, as Tim says. The most recent advancements
   for Music 3.24+ are transforming it into quite a decent program. It would
   be a shame to remove Rhythmbox and ship a half-baked music player, or to
   remove Music and then revert this decision in a near future.
   6. I'm sure 90% of our user base uses a web client or install their own
   (e.g., Thunderbird). I think some components are still necessary for GNOME
   Calendar to function, but the main app should go.

Cheers,
Alfredo