ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Time for a name change?

Hi everybody.

I was wondering, how about Gnubuntu, or even G-buntu/Gbuntu ???

I think the former could refers to GNU too, that have duality. Almost everything inside Gnome Desktop Environment is licensed under GNU. Ubuntu is GNU Linux, but it could be unclear to defines that de main DE is Gnome.

The later is my favorite pick. Gbuntu has a good spelling in english, should be great if another language participants can 'test' the pronounce to avoid issues like "Iphone 4S" fail.

Both, gbuntu.com and gbuntu.org are free to pick. Just my suggestion.

Best regards, Evandro.