ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Firefox & LibreOffice included by default

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear these great news. A few comments:

   - I don't find logical to ship both Firefox and GNOME Web, if you are
   going to use Web, you are eventually going to uninstall/purge Firefox.
   If that was the case, it's not a problem to install Web whilst you are
   removing Firefox.

   - Yay for LibreOffice!

   - I wouldn't ship an e-mail client. The most of users use a webmail.
   However, if we really need to ship one, I'd go for Evolution, it works and
   it's fully integrated with the desktop.

   - About games, I think that the most used are: Aisleriot, Mahjongg,
   Mines, Quadrapassel (and probably Sudoku and Swell Foop, which is a very
   nice game). I don't find Tetravex enjoyable in any way, I wouldn't ship
   it. About Iagno, it's interestingly fun, but I don't know how many
   people are going to use it; I wouldn't say 'no' to shipping this one.
   I think that we shouldn't ship more that 5-7 games.

Regards, Alfredo.