ubuntu-gnome team mailing list archive

Re: Firefox & LibreOffice included by default

This is great news! Since my initial forays with UGR I had found it more
straightforward to install gnome shell on vanilla Ubuntu though that is
only because I had worked with UGR first.

let me offer you our family of five's demographics:

firefox 100%
libreoffice 80% (20% ms office / windoze)
solitaire 40%
sudoku 20%
other games 0%
web e-mail 90% (10% ms outlook / windows)

other

gimp 100%
shotwell 100%
rhythmbox 60% guayadeque 20% gmpc / mpd 20%

the ms stuff above comes from my spouse who is compelled to use windows
through her work. however in our family you can see we have fixed Ubuntu
bug #1...

Not to be a Google cheerleader here but for those of us who have fallen
under the spell, it would be cool to have a "google control center" that
enables things we all use from Google that could be integrated into say the
Gnome shell as say "favourites" at the top of the screen...

* translation (I think there is an app for this currently)
* use Drive as a cloud drive
* open a browser window as GMail
* empathy as Gtalk (I bet there is one of these already)

Chris Hermansen

C'est ma façon de parler.