ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: IRLP for Ubuntu-hams

Hi Tony,

You've got the basics down, IRLP is just linking repeaters to each other
through VoIP. You can dial 1-to-1 or 1-to-many via the use of a reflector
node.  EchoLink is a similar concept but expands to include end users on
computers using echolink software whereas IRLP is restricted to repeaters.

For a better overview, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Radio_Linking_Project

Also, there is a directory where you can locate the nearest IRLP node to you
by lat/long.  http://status.irlp.net

Cheers,
-Corey  KB9JHU