ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: Wiki Updated

On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 19:24 -0400, Jeff Lane wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-08 at 17:20 -0600, Joey Stanford wrote:
> > Super Jeff...
> >
> > I made a change to the spacing, see if that's better now.
> >
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHams#preview
>
> Thanks! That works too :)  I spent a couple hours trying to make the
> image float left, so the first sentence would appear between the logo
> and the ToC table, but our Moin instance apparently doesn't have some of
> the plugins necessary for image positioning (or at least I couldn't
> figure out how to make it work)...
>
> Your change makes it cleaner in any case, and that was the main goal!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

Nice job, thanks!

I did a little wiki hacking myself, on the nets page, but I also started
creating a header for the ubuntu-hams wiki pages, by taking the markup
that the kernel team is using. You can see what the header on the kernel
pages looks like here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KernelTeam

The work is unfinished, and I am running short of time this week, so if
anyone else wants to have a go at it, be my guest. I asked Kamal to
create a 42x42 pixel ubuntu-hams logo, since that matches what's in the
existing headers.

The pages I created reference images that aren't there, and need
modification. We'll need more icons - I thought one for the nets would
be nice.

There are two pages. The header page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHamsHeader

references a menubar page:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuHams/MenuBar

The header page adds some more menu choices under the menubar.
I'm not sure that for our use we actually need both. We may only need
the menubar - but we'll probably need some more icons. If you look at
the kernel teams "new" pages that they are migrating to, you can see
that they have also dropped the extra links and are only using the
menubar. Here's an example: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel

Neither of the new pages I created is included on any wiki pages, so
there's no hurry, we can include them when they are done.

Steve