ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: Better IRC channel support

And why not just list those people in the channel topic message instead,
and forgo the helpme bot altogether?  Still though, which people?

Yeah that's a good idea. I don't have much time to help but I'd rather
be poked and say "I'll be with you shortly" vs missing it completely.

  There's probably a MUCH better way to do this. Honestly I've
not had much success with bots like this but I don't have any other
supportive ideas.

How about adjusting the channel message to suggest e.g.:

  If you don't get a response to your IRC question, try
  sending your question to <ubuntu-hams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>.

We should do that!