ubuntu-hams team mailing list archive

Re: Better IRC channel support

Hi Folks:

I didnt realize that this list and the IRC channel were connected. Its probably listed someplace and I just plain MISSED it -- LOL

I appreciate your willingness to help me with my issue. Its kinda at a standstill right now.

I am running Kubuntu 15.04 (I THINK, its either that or 15.10) (yes, I realize the differences between kubuntu and ubuntu, but I havent found a kubuntu-hams list yet). and I have been using N1MM Logger under wine with it. it works good, except that I cannot get the radio to talk with the computer (Im using the old version of N1MM b/c the new one wont even start under wine for me (I suspect there is some sort of ODBC driver missing. The computer is in the ham-shack with no internet, so its a pain to drag it up here to plug it in, but I'll do that one of these days.)

Anyway, I was messing around with it today, and discovered (From a forum) that I had to symbolically link the /dev/ttyUSB0 file and /home/tim/.wine/dosdevices/com1 to each other. Now i have "partial" communications. By clicking on the band map, i can sometimes get the radio to respond, but its not bi-directional, and N1MM keeps timing out and popping up a box saying to reset the radios. SO I am looking for any further input that you all can add. Including info on getting N1MM+ working under wine. The machine is a Pentium 4 2.3 GHZ with 1 gb memory and 120 gb hdd. I use CQR log for day to day logging (because I cant keep DXKeeper working right) and N1MM for contesting, (Because TLF just DOESNT get it for me)

THanks for any and all help you can add

TIM
W8TAH