ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive

[Fwd: Call for l10n bugs hunting]

Hi Team!

FYI: Endspurt der Fehlerjagd hat begonnen.
Siehe E-Mail im Anhang.

Gruß,

--
Dennis Baudys

      email: thecondor@xxxxxxxx
 GPG key-ID: E4A9FB08
fingerprint: CB9A 86FF 1C20 0426 3912
             0276 3A78 E23F E4A9 FB08

Prüfer (vorübergehend inaktiv) im deutschen
Ubuntu-Übersetzer-Team

  launchpad: ~thecondordb
--- Begin Message ---
Hi translators

With the release of Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 2, we are now really close to the final release. This makes these days perfect time to hunt down all the localization bugs our users reported! We do not want to release Ubuntu Precise with already known l10n bugs, right? So, we need to make sure they are fixed, but first, we need to find them.

Here is how:
* Go to the bugs page of your team:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-LL
where LL is your language code. Here you can see all the bugs assigned to your localization team.

* Many bugs are not assigned to teams, but they are filed against the language packs. Go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-LL
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-LL-base
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-gnome-LL
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-gnome-LL-base
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-kde-LL
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/language-pack-kde-LL-base
Where LL is still your language code. If they seem to be valid problems, assign them to your translation team (ubuntu-l10n-LL).

* A lot more bugs are unfortunately not assigned to translator teams or language packs, only filed against the Ubuntu package they affect. For these, go to
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu
Type the English name of your language (might try the native name of your language too), go through the enormous bug list you get (for example, "German" gives 446 results!) and try to sort out the valid bugs - many bugs only mention language names in contexts unrelated to localization, but I think this is the way to ensure nothing slips through. Assign these to your translation team, so that you can easily track them.

Go through the lists, and make sure you fix the translation errors in the corresponding template: set them as Fix Committed. If they are already fixed on an up-to-date Precise system, the better: set them as Fix Released. If the problem cannot be found anymore in the template, set them as Invalid.

If the bug is not about wrong translation, or you are in doubt, hit the Also affects project link, assign it to the ubuntu-translations project, and we will figure out what to do.

Good hunting!
Gabor Kelemen