Betreff: Call for testing: langpack updates for 20.04.2
Datum: 22.01.2021 20:51
Von: Gunnar Hjalmarsson <gunnarhj@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: ubuntu-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello translators!

I'm here again with a plea to help with testing new language packs. However, from now on we'll do it differently than previously.

Updated language packs are available in focal-proposed as version 1:20.04+20210121. They will be moved to focal-updates on 2021-01-28 for all languages except those languages where we identify issues with the proposed language packs.

As a prevention measure you can help out by installing the language packs for your language from focal-proposed and report here any issues you see which might be related to the updated translations. Then the language-packs for that language won't be moved to focal-updates until the issues have been considered and/or resolved.

The names of the language packs which have been copied to focal-proposed are:

  language-pack-XX
  language-pack-XX-base
  language-pack-gnome-XX
  language-pack-gnome-XX-base

where 'XX' is the language code.

The steps on the previously used wiki page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Translations/LanguagePackUpdatesQA

may serve as a hint on what to keep an eye on when testing. If you find issues, please report them here by 2021-01-27.