ubuntu-l10n-de-community team mailing list archive

Re: Call for testing: langpack updates for 20.04.2

Hi Gunnar!

Thank you very much for the reply and thoughts on this.

I'm sorry that those strings slipped by. It's not the end of the world if the German language pack cannot be included in the 20.04.2 release.

The new language pack is good enough to be released, however the strings I mentioned (especially in snap-store-desktop) could make it a bit easier for Ubuntu beginners (that only speak German) to get new software. Some examples of those strings that I just translated a few hours ago in snap-store-desktop:

Menu item:

"Sign In"

Categories:

"Devices and IoT"
"Education"
"Finance"
"Development"
"Social"

etc.

Additional to that I corrected several strings in that package related to rpm-ostree, especially regarding plugins and multi layered packages. Mainly bad grammar, harmonization of wording, some typos and only very few plain wrong translations.

I think updating the German language packs soon after the release of 20.04.2 would be great ("good enough"), if possible.

No worries, no stress.

Thanks again and Best Regards,

Dennis Baudys