ubuntu-l10n-en-shaw team mailing list archive

·𐑥𐑩𐑟𐑦𐑤𐑩, 𐑯 ·𐑕𐑐𐑸𐑒𐑩𐑤 / Mozilla, and Sparkle

1) 𐑲 𐑣𐑨𐑛 𐑩𐑯 𐑰𐑥𐑱𐑤 𐑓𐑮𐑪𐑥 𐑞 ·𐑥𐑩𐑟𐑦𐑤𐑩 𐑛𐑮𐑲𐑝𐑼𐑟 𐑕𐑱𐑦𐑙
𐑞𐑺 𐑓𐑲𐑯 𐑢𐑦𐑞 𐑩 𐑖𐑱𐑝𐑾𐑯 𐑑𐑮𐑨𐑯𐑟𐑤𐑱𐑖𐑩𐑯, 𐑯 𐑞𐑱𐑤 𐑣𐑴𐑕𐑑
𐑦𐑑 𐑨𐑟 𐑩𐑯 𐑨𐑛𐑪𐑯, 𐑚𐑳𐑑 𐑞𐑱 𐑛𐑴𐑯𐑑 𐑢𐑪𐑯𐑑 𐑑 𐑳𐑐𐑕𐑑𐑰𐑥 𐑦𐑑
𐑚𐑰𐑒𐑪𐑟 𐑞 𐑗𐑶𐑕 𐑢𐑵𐑛 𐑒𐑪𐑯𐑓𐑿𐑟 𐑐𐑰𐑐𐑩𐑤.  𐑞𐑦𐑕 𐑕𐑰𐑥𐑟 𐑓𐑺
𐑦𐑯𐑳𐑓.
1) I had an email from the Mozilla drivers saying they're fine with a
Shavian translation, and they'll host it as an addon, but they don't want to
upstream it because the choice would confuse people.  This seems fair
enough.

2) 𐑲 𐑣𐑨𐑝 𐑩 𐑑𐑵𐑤 𐑒𐑷𐑤𐑛 ·𐑕𐑐𐑸𐑒𐑩𐑤 𐑢𐑦𐑗 𐑒𐑨𐑯
𐑑𐑮𐑨𐑯𐑟𐑤𐑦𐑑𐑼𐑱𐑑 𐑑𐑧𐑒𐑕𐑑 𐑓𐑲𐑤𐑟 𐑹 .po 𐑓𐑲𐑤𐑟; 𐑲 𐑢𐑦𐑤 𐑚𐑰
𐑧𐑒𐑕𐑑𐑧𐑯𐑛𐑦𐑙 𐑦𐑑 𐑑 𐑣𐑨𐑯𐑛𐑩𐑤 ·𐑥𐑩𐑟𐑦𐑤𐑩𐑟 𐑓𐑹𐑥𐑨𐑑𐑕 𐑨𐑟
𐑢𐑧𐑤.  𐑲 𐑢𐑦𐑤 𐑮𐑧𐑤𐑰𐑕 𐑦𐑑 𐑕𐑳𐑥𐑑𐑲𐑥 𐑕𐑵𐑯, 𐑚𐑦𐑒𐑪𐑟 𐑲 𐑓𐑰𐑤
𐑦𐑑 𐑒𐑵𐑛 𐑚𐑰 𐑿𐑕𐑓𐑵𐑤 𐑑 𐑳𐑞𐑼 𐑐𐑰𐑐𐑩𐑤.
2) I have a tool called Sparkle which can transliterate text files or .po
files; I will be extending it to handle Mozilla's formats as well.  I will
release it sometime soon, because I feel it could be useful to other people.

3) 𐑲 𐑥𐑱 𐑷𐑤𐑕𐑴 𐑐𐑨𐑒𐑦𐑡 𐑳𐑐 𐑞 𐑖𐑱𐑝𐑾𐑯 𐑮𐑵𐑤𐑟 𐑓𐑹 𐑞
·𐑓𐑲𐑼𐑓𐑪𐑒𐑕 𐑑𐑮𐑨𐑯𐑟𐑤𐑦𐑑𐑧𐑮𐑱𐑑𐑼 𐑨𐑛𐑪𐑯.
3) I may also package up the Shavian rules for the Firefox transliterator
addon.

·𐑑𐑪𐑥𐑩𐑕
Thomas