From: David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:29 PM
Subject: Help with the Community Review
To: Ubuntu Translators <ubuntu-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi translators,

I would like to ask for your help in a new initiative.

Quoting Jono:

"[...] as we have grown, I feel the typical community onboarding
experience, that is, getting new people involved, has become overly
complex. As such, I am kicking off an initiative with some of my fellow
community members to identify areas in which we can fix this."

In short, we are trying to assess how to make it easier to new
contributors to participate to Ubuntu in different areas.

You'll find more information here:

   https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CommunityReview/Sep2010

We'd like to ask 5 new (or relatively new) members to the translations
community to answer some really simple questions, which we'll use as
feedback to identify what we need to fix or improve.

So what I would like to ask you is to forward these questions to any of
your team members that might have started to contribute recently and to
send me an e-mail with the answers at
david(dot)planella(at)ubuntu(dot)com. I'll then process the data and
I'll publish it on that wiki page, removing the name of the submitter in
case he/she does not want it published.

Here are the questions:

Translations
------------

     * How did you learn about this part of the community?
     * What attracted you to this type of participation?
     * Where did you look first for information on getting involved?
     * Did you feel the places you looked for information were useful?
       If not, how could we improve?
     * When learning skills and content for participating, were the
       resources you used useful? If not, how could we improve?
     * What recommendations would you make for improving your
       experience in our community?

Do you think you could give a hand with that?

Thanks!

Regards,
David.

--