ubuntu-lgbt team mailing list archive

Re: Hello!

Hey all (first post too),
I upgraded my work desktop to Januty yesterday, previously I upgraded a lot
earlier but recently ubuntu releases have felt less stable than they were a
few years ago so I've been a bit more cautious with my upgrades recently.
The upgrade itself went smoothly (unlike my experience moving to Ibex). Only
hitch is I've lost all sound, pulse audio for me was unstable in Ibex but in
Jaunty it seems to have gone totally mad. I have constantly around 160kb of
data broadcasting to 224.0.0.56, I discovered it's pulseaudio via netstat:

jimmy@jimmywork:~$ sudo netstat -np | grep -i udp
udp        0      0 10.5.30.7:35732         224.0.0.56:9875
ESTABLISHED 6909/pulseaudio

I'm sure I'll figure it out anyway, just not had chance to give it much
time! Other than that the release seems pretty solid. Not made my mind up
about the notifyOSD; I like the idea of having a coherent notification
system instead of each app developing their own. However swapping my
pidgin's guifications for the new ubuntu notifications means I can no longer
click on the notification to focus the chat window (ie when someone sends me
a message), it's a minor gotcha but hopefully it will get addressed.

Would also be good to see this group get more popular & active. I was
shocked when I was told in the official ubuntu IRC channels
(#ubuntu-offtopic on irc.ubuntu.com/freenode to be specific) LGBT is a
banned topic according to the channels terms of service. I think in this day
and age that's appalling, what does everyone else think?

Looking forward to chatting with you all some more :)

- Jimmy

*** Sparkle Interactive ***
http://www.sparkleInteractive.co.uk