ubuntu-lgbt team mailing list archive

Re: Shall we reactivate this group? (and mailing list?)

On 17/09/13 04:19, Shannon Lucas wrote:
>> Shannon, do you know what the drupal group does? What kind of topics
> do they talk about at these informal discussions at conferences?
>
> A lot of the Drupal BoFs seem to be more social, allowing people to meet
> the people they'd talked to on IRC or in the forums. They also provided
> a safe place for people who aren't necessarily comfortable being out yet
> to meet other LGBT people that share their line of work. We also
> benefited from the fact that a number of key figures in the Drupal
> community are either part of the LGBT community or allies. The online
> discussion forum hasn't been all that active lately. Most of the posts
> are either job postings or arranging get togethers at various events. We
> were, unfortunately, a bit light on the deeper topics. Someone recently
> setup a corresponding IRC channel, but it hasn't had many takers.
>
> Here are some thoughts I had about discussions in this group:
>
> - Interviews with LGBT people who contribute to Ubuntu or other open
> source projects.

Interviews are a very good idea.

A design/art/music/younameit blog I like reading (the fox is black) has
a series of posts about "creative" people in the LGBT community:

   http://www.thefoxisblack.com/category/lgbt-creatives-series/

I find these posts are a great way to show the community.

Cheers,
Ara.