ubuntu-lgbt team mailing list archive

Shall we reactivate this group? (and mailing list?)

Hello all!

~ubuntu-lgbt is dead, long life ~ubuntu-lgbt?

I would like to start the discussion about revamping this group and
start doing something meaningful with it.

The latest and super sad news coming from Russia is a waking bell
telling us that homophobia is still well spread and affecting
institutions that are supposed to be defending human rights (like the IOC).

I think that every little helps. The Ubuntu community is huge, yet this
group only has 75 members (???). When young LGBT Ubuntu users arrive to
the community, it would help them to see that Ubuntu is not only
welcoming to the LGBT community, but also an active LGBT community.

This email is to see if there is anybody out there willing to start this
again (I cannot do it alone!). I think that we could even put ourselves
a nice goal, like participating in the London Pride 2014 with a Ubuntu
logo (several tech companies/communities participate, yet not that many
open source ones).

Thanks,
Ara.

Follow ups