Re: LiveCD and its HW support

While you're right about things like proprietary graphics drivers, other
than that the LiveCD does a good job of detecting all other hardware and
gives you an indication about things like wireless, disk drives, monitor
resolutions, external devices etc

It is generally widely regarded that you use the LiveCD first to check
hardware.