Re: Blueprints changed

Benjamin,

I have two comments on the recent reordering.

I'm not sure if have security and terminal chapter is a good idea. I can't see where this proposed in the bug report (I may of missed it), so I didn't comment on it before the reordering was done. I have two reasons for this: the content is not related (suggesting separate chapters) and reading "The Command Line and Security" may lead a new(er) users to thinking the command line is required / related to security, and as the comments in the bug reported suggested new users have some (negative) preconception about the terminal.

However, this is how the content is now arranged, I've emailed Ryan about combining our work.

Also, currently the latex files are named by chapter (e.g. chapter3). I think these should be named by chapter name so that and future rearranging / additions are easier to manage. Since latex sorts out the chapter / section numbers producing the final document is no more difficult.

Regards,
Kelvin

Benjamin Humphrey wrote:
Okay I have tried my best to change around the blueprints, it's fairly messy.

Here's some specific stuff:

*Deon Spengler* - your chapter has changed from "Hints and Tips" to "Preferences and Hardware" - if you don't feel comfortable writing about that, let us know.

*Ryan Macnish* and *Kelvin Gardener* - you guys were writing the Terminal chapter and the Security chapter - well, bad news. These two chapters are now* COMBINED* in the new ToC - so you two have to *work together* on the new "Command Line and Security" chapter.

*B1ackcr0w* - you were previously working on Chapter 4 - now you're working on Chapter 3. The content is pretty much the same, just the numbering has changed.

*Chapter 4* (default applications) and *Chapter 6* (Software and Packaging) are *entirely new* - so they don't have an assignee! And, neither does *Chapter 9* (Troubleshooting)!!!

Any takers?

--
Benjamin Humphrey

Ubuntu Manual Project Leader