Re: Introducing Kevin Godby's new feature: chaplink

Hello, Martin.

2010/1/20 Martin Lukeš <martin.meridius@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Thank you Kevin. Great feature.
>
> On behalf of all translators I'd like to ask you one thing.
> Do I have to translate that link, or can I simply keep the original text?

You should leave the entire \chaplink{ch:something} as is.  The word
'chapter' will be translated by LaTeX automatically (once that we get
that incorporated), and the chapter title gets pulled from whatever is
in the \chapter{This is the chapter title} command, which should be
translated by the translators.

> Oh and one last thing useful for manual writers.
> As for spaces in chapter's names. Is there any replacing like "dash" for
> "space"?

The labels that are used (the ch:something-something) are generated by
hand.  I've made a list of the current chapters and their labels here:

  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/StyleGuide#Formatting

Did that answer your question?

Please feel free to contact me with any questions about the LaTeX code
or which parts of the code should and should not be translated.  I'll
try to collect the questions and answers in the style guide.

Thanks!

--Kevin