Re: Chapter 4 (Hardware) - Help needed

I will volunteer to help with chapter 4 since im currently writing chapter 7(command-line) which is not particularly long.
Ryan Macnish

Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 23:58:17 -0800
From: haykinson@xxxxxxxxx
To: ubuntu-manual@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Ubuntu-manual] Chapter 4 (Hardware) - Help needed

All,
We're not making any progress on Chapter 4 (Hardware and Preferences), and we need to make a lot of progress in order to hit our deadlines.
I am asking for several volunteers to take up this work.

I have posted a proposed outline of the chapter at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-manual/Blueprints/Hardware -- note that I moved some of the old components out into other chapters, since they more logically fit there (for example, most hardware-related preferences items can be talked about in Chapter 4, but the desktop ones probably fit better in Chapter 2 which talks about the desktop).

The proposed structure is as follows (the web version has more detail):
 * Using your devices * Keyboard and mouse * Displays * Connecting and using your printer
 * Sound * USB drives * Burning CDs and DVDs * Using a webcam * Scanning text and images * Other devices   * Firewire   * Bluetooth

I would like to find three or four people to work on this project, so that no one person has to specialize in all the different pieces of hardware.
Please respond if you can help. Even if you cannot help with high-quality writing, you can still help with research and configuration steps, and someone else can improve your writing later.

Feel free to reply to the list, or to me privately, if you'd like to help. We'll close the search for contributors in a couple of days.
-ilya haykinson
Video chat with Windows Live Messenger Learn how
http://windowslive.ninemsn.com.au/messenger/article/870686/video-chat-with-messenger