Re: Introduction and a Title idea (was) UMD: Preparation

Hi,
I am brand new to this project (I just heard about it and signed up
yesterday), but I've been working as a tech writer for about 20 years or so
(and a technical illustrator for about 3 years or so). I think I am also a
member of your target audience: I have (significant) computer experience,
but not specifically with Ubuntu. I've done things with Linux (Red Hat), and
even UNIX  and X-Windows at previous jobs, but it's been so long ago that
I've forgotten most or all of it - and I've never installed any of these
OSes before anyway.

How about this (or something like it) for the title:

Ubuntu for Everyone

(if you need to explain specifically what is in this manual, you could also
have a subtitle that gets very specific)

This title is "friendly" and I think brings an emotional component and
certainly embodies inclusiveness.

Best regards,
Wendy Sheridan

--