Re: The Title

On Mon, 2010-02-01 at 21:05 +0930, Ryan Macnish wrote:
> I dont like any of them to be honest, i propose something like "The
> Ubuntu Manual: Getting Started with Ubuntu 10.04".
>

> Pros:
> * Already established name.
> * Matches the name of the team.
> * It avoids negative connotations like "beginner".
> * Has an encouraging feel to it.
> * Has the version number at the end for better flow.
>

> Cons:
> * "Manual" implies covering every detail.
> * Sounds official and exclusive.

 * It repeats "Ubuntu". I think that's _clumsy_.
 * It's really long.
 * It smells of compromise
   (don't step on anyone's toes, make nobody happy).

Actually I think this exact same proposal came up on the meeting and
went down in flames quickly ;)

I'd like to limit the choices to the 2 given. There was enough time to
make proposals and we need to be done with this!

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/