Edition?

Hi!

I proposed to use "Second Edition" and so on to mark follow-up releases
of our document as long as it is targeted at the same Ubuntu version
(Lucid).

Today Kevin made a good point about "Edition" implying additions or
changes to the content beyond simple corrections.

He suggested to use a combination of "Nth Edition", "Nth printing" on
the copyright page. Where the first would be incremented for
significants edits, the later for simple fixes. He didn't say the
printing number would have to appear on the title page.

I'd like to have something on the title page that changes for each
release, but a full "Nth Edition, Nth printing" seems to be a bit much.

My suggestion:
Use either "Version" or "Release" instead of "Edition". Increment the
single counter even for just a few spelling corrections, should we
decide to put out a release because of them. No need for a second stage.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/