Re: License

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Daniel Schury <Surst@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do you see that something is labeled? Or: If I want to set a ref to 2.b,
> but not 2.a, would there be an optical difference between the both, so
> that I would have to label every enumeration?

Here's a quick example:

\begin{enumerate}
  \item \label{item:apples} Apples
  \begin{enumerate}
    \item \label{item:braeburn} Braeburn
    \item \label{item:macintosh} Macintosh
    \item \label{item:red-delicious} Red Delicious
  \end{enumerate}
  \item \label{item:grapes} Grapes
\end{enumerate}

Elsewhere in text (or even in one of the enumeration environments), you can say:

  I like apples (see \ref{item:apples}, especially \ref{item:braeburn}.

And it will print as:

  I like apples (see 1), especially 1(a).

or similar.

You only have to \label the items you wish to reference in the text.

--Kevin