Re: quotes

'allo.

2010/4/11 Martin Lukeš <martin.meridius@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Well, it's actually not that easy.
> I wrote we use those quotes in hand-written expression. When we write quotes
> on PC we're depending on text editor to automatically change "these" to
> „these“ since on our keyboards is just "this" character as double quotes.
>
> Is there a "simple"/any way to do this?

Ah, I understand.

Okay, there's a package I had halfway set up to try to make this a bit
easier, but never finished it.  If you answer the following questions,
I can set it up for Czech for you.  (And if anyone else wants to use
these commands for their own language, email me with your language and
the quote styles you use.)

For 'outer quotes', you're using „these“.  What do 'inner' quotes look like?

For example, in the following sentence, replace the quotes here with
the quotes you would use in Czech:

  "Kevin said, 'I have an easy way to write quotation marks,' " Martin
pointed out.

Once I have this info, I'll add Czech quotes to the quotation marks
database.  Then you can use the following commands to write the
sentence above:

  \enquote{Kevin said, \enquote{I have an easy way to write quotation
marks,}} Martin pointed out.

The \enquote{text} command will put quotation marks around 'text'.  It
will normally use 'outer' quotes, unless it's already inside those
outer quotes, in which case it will use 'inner' quotes.

You can run 'texdoc csquotes' to read the documentation for this
package if you want the gory details.

--Kevin