Re: Final draft of the US English manual

Hello, Jeremy.

On Tue, Apr 27, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Jeremy Bicha <jeremy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The index looks pretty bad. There are nearly-duplicate entries like:
>
> Apt, 123
> apt, 123
> Apt-get, 123
> Apt-get, 123-125, 137
> F-Spot, 27
> F-Spot Photo Manager, 83
> gedit, 123
> gedit Text Editor, 27
> Nautilus, 29-32, 34, 130
> Nautilus File Manager, 121
>
> Others include (Ubuntu) Software Center, Pidgin, Rhythmbox, (Mozilla)
> Firefox

I agree completely.

> I reported this via the Google Docs form shortly before string freeze but
> maybe my bug was lost.

Your bug wasn't lost, we just haven't had time to address the issue in
this first edition.  It's one of the top things on my list for the
second edition (which will will start working on in just a few days).
Once I've got this first edition released (and take a second to catch
my breath), I'll write up some notes on how I think the indexing and
glossary stuff should work.  Then we can get those up to speed.

Thanks for reporting this again, though!

--Kevin