Re: Translator feedback!

2010/5/3 Benjamin Humphrey <humphreybc@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi all,
>
> Next week I'll be at the Ubuntu Developer Summit in Belgium. I've been
> talking to the Launchpad developers and the translation guys, and we've
> created a blueprint for us to have a discussion about how we can improve the
> translating experience:
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-m-launchpad-translator-communication
>

> <https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/community-m-launchpad-translator-communication>Please,
> any feedback you have regarding the translation process would be much
> appreciated.

Translating was rather fine up to now. You just need to be acquainted with
Launchpad. However many beginners for the translation process find it rather
complex. probably developing some kind of small doc for beginners, based on
the website content should be good for beginners, like the handy manual for
LaTeX produced by Kevin Godby should be linked from somewhere on the web
page, maybe? as not all potential translators like to register Launchpad,
then the mailing list, etc. (although it's very essential, indeed).

An other point is the time lag between the translation in launchpad (eg for
the web site) and the resulting modifications on the web site itself. It is
not clear how long it will take, at specific dates, at specific intervals ?

For instance, we translated the ~10% untranslated on the web site,
downloaded the .po file for verification (around the 1st May), uploaded
again the .po file, but still today we do not see the changes yet on the
website. Untranslated strings that were translated on 1st May still appear
as of today in English.

Best regards
--
Vu Do Quynh (M.)