Re: titlepage for vietnamese

On Tue, 2010-05-04 at 22:44 +0200, jcisio wrote:

> I'd like to have a customized titlepage for Vietnamese version. Here
> is what I created (translate title & team name, fit the title width):
> http://jcisio.com/upload/titlepage-vi.svg

There's a generate-title-pages.sh script in the titlepage directory. It
generates SVG files from the templates, replacing the title and author
strings with what it finds in the po files.

As a result, I have all the translated title page files here, but as I
have to tweak the layout and kerning in every single case, I only commit
the ones where I did that. So far only for the languages with
significant translation progress, as shown on
https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual/

It's only because of your mail that I got aware of a change in the
Vietnamese translation, from:
  Bắt đầu làm quen với Ubuntu .
  Nhóm Hướng dẫn Ubuntu
to:
  Làm quen với Ubuntu .
  Nhóm Tài liệu Ubuntu

Would be nice to have a mechanism that notifies us/me of such cases, due
to the need for manual work on the title pages.

Anyway, titlepage-vi.svg with the new translation is checked in now. As
it stands, nobody but myself should bother with messing around with
those files ;)

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: