Re: compiling the ubuntu-manual with russian translation

Hello, Basil.

2010/6/2 Basil Marmer <basil.marmer@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Installed TeX with install-tl, the started install-pkgs.sh - all is done
> without errors, but when I try to compile the ubuntu-manual with russian
> translation I get the following error:
>
> make ubuntu-manual-ru.pdf
> bzr version-info --custom --template="Revision number: {revno}\qquad
> Revision date: {date}\n\n" > revision.tex
> po4a-translate --master-charset=utf8 -f latex -m main.tex -p po/ru.po -l
> ubuntu-manual-ru.tex -k 0
> ./backmatter/colophon.tex
>                :12: (po4a::tex)
>                неизвестное окружение: 'fullwidth'
> make: *** [ubuntu-manual-ru.tex] Ошибка 9
>
> I'm not very familiar with tex, so I don't know how to fix. Is is minor
> problem and can be fixed by installing something that isn't installed in
> tex?

Run 'make' first, to compile the English version.  If that compiles
okay, then try running 'make ubuntu-manual-ru.pdf'.

(I think the translations require something from the English version
before the Makefile works.  I haven't figured it out yet, though.)

If that doesn't work, let me know.

--Kevin