Re: Ubuntu extra documentaion library (Working title)

Hi Shaun

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 08:08 -0500, Shaun McCance wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 10:51 +0100, Luke-Jennings wrote:
> > I had not considered extending yelp however I think that the existing
> > infrastructure in yelp does not provide the functionality that would be
> > needed to create a library of files. I think that it would be easier
> > create a separate program.
>
> What exactly are the requirements here? Yelp has an extremely
> powerful asynchronous document-handling system. If the data
> is available, I'd be very surprised if it were impossible to
> make Yelp understand it.
I am sure that yelp is able to understand lots of formats how ever, I
see the program as software centre for documents. Also in the future I
would like it so that locos can add custom feeds, similar to adding a
ppa. I am not really sure how that feature would work yet.  Sorry to
write the same thing in two different e-mails.

> --
> Shaun

Thanks

Luke