Re: status german translation

Hello, Daniel.

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 11:46 AM, Daniel Schury <Surst@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well then, here again:
> 7) checked
>
> 8) checked

I don't see ubuntu-manual-de.tex listed in the lucid-e1 repository
(see http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-manual/ubuntu-manual/main/files).
 You need to add the file to the repository before we can continue.

> 13) more or less ok, german is difficult there

I'm not sure what this means.  LaTeX should have good hyphenation
patterns for German, so if it's doing something odd (e.g., not
doubling or changing the letters as it should when hyphenating a
word), then I need to look into it.

> 18) where to check?

Thorsten's already generated the German title page. I'll create the
half-title page based on that.  For the wrap-around cover, there's
some text on the back cover that needs to be translated, but Thorsten
may handle that in this case, as well (since it's German).

Once I get the final PDF generated, I'll pass the dimensions off to
Thorsten so he can create the wrap-around cover.

---

So your next step is to add the ubuntu-manual-de.tex file to the
lucid-e1 bzr repository.  If you're unsure how to do this (or don't
want to be bothered), just email it to me and I'll handle it.

Thanks!

--Kevin