Re: Attention, translators!

Hi Kevin

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Kevin Godby <godbyk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I just wanted to touch base with the translators and see how things are going.
>
> So far, we've released the Greek and German editions of the Ubuntu manual.
>
> There are a number of other translations that appear to be near
> completion according to the Launchpad page:
> https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-manual
>
> For those translations listed at 100% complete, what's your status?
> Are you working on editing/proofreading?  Or are you waiting on me for
> something?  (If you're waiting on me, please send me an email!)
>
> For everyone else: write a quick note letting us know how things are
> going.  Is there anything we can help with?
>
> I've got a few folks volunteering to help you fix any LaTeX errors so
> that your PDFs compiling successfully again.  If you'd like help with
> this, just ask.
>
> Thanks for all of your hard work in translating the Ubuntu manual!

We (Danish) still need to review a large number of suggestions, which
is taking quite a while.  My (realistic) goal is for lucid edition 1
to be ready before the release of the maverick manual. Subsequent
releases will hopefully be easier.  The most time consuming part is to
look up strings in user interfaces.

Regards
Ask Hjorth Larsen