Re: Screenshot highlighting

Op 17-05-12 06:34, Andrew Montag schreef:
We may also consider using an arrow to point to things.

Perhaps this is something that could be built into Quickshot; have quickshot save one image plain, and then prompt the user for any highlights that can also be saved.

-Andrew
Yes, this is what I had in mind too (see my previous email). This may be a good example, although there are too many arrows in my opinion:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1955365&page=8
I added an item to our agenda: need for one or more screenshots editors. He/she/they can see to it that screenshots are consistent, good looking and meeting all requirements.
Hannie

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM, John Cave <john.cave5@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:john.cave5@xxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    If we are to do this, a circle would suffice. Dimming the
    background would confuse readers and make them think they're being
    patronised. I'm all for the idea, because especially in
    whole-window screenshots it can be just as hard to find what you
    are looking for as on your own screen. A circle points users to
    exactly the right place. May I suggest ubuntu orange for the circle?

    Just my opinion,
    John C

        *From:* Andrew Montag <ajmontag@xxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:ajmontag@xxxxxxxxx>>
        *To:* ubuntu-manual@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        <mailto:ubuntu-manual@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        *Sent:* Thursday, 17 May 2012 5:21 AM
        *Subject:* [Ubuntu-manual] Screenshot highlighting

        I think it may be useful to highlight portions of screenshots.
        We could put an orange oval around text or a button, or maybe
        blur or grey all but one section of the screenshot to draw the
        readers attention to it. The only problem would be doing it so
        that it looks good and is consistent.

        Thoughts?

        -Andrew