Re: Fwd: Re: Authors/editors chapter 2

Hello, Jim.

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 10:38 PM,  <jimandmarcy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> With regards to 11.10 vs 12.04, we then have an 11.10 reference in the
> desktop section (that's the only reason I thought of mentioning it in my
> email after my commit...because I saw it in the manual, but realized I was
> running 12.04. I'll make sure I find it and "promote" the reference) in my
> next edits.

Ah, yes. I didn't bump the version numbers this time like I've done in
the past because some of them should be left as is.  If it's talking
about a feature that was introduced in 11.10, for instance, then that
version number should stay as is. If it's referring to the current
version of Ubuntu, then we should bump the version number to 12.04.

Another example: In the previous version of the manual, we mention
that ‘Ubuntu 11.10 has an emphasis on “social from the start”...’ That
may or may not be true for 12.04, so the text may need to be adjusted.

—Kevin