Re: Chapter 2 from Nautilus to end [HUD]

I'll get Alt+F2 in there in the next rev.  Thanks.

With regards to where HUD should go.  Yea...I struggled with this one,
too.  It has the same type of capability as the Dash (users enter search
string, suggestions appear), but the HUD is MUCH more global in reach than
just the desktop and it applies to applications...not the desktop
environment, which supports your comment about it going into another
section of its own.

Do you think it would be better to include the description of the HUD
feature in the 'help' section at the end of Chapter two?  Seems this might
be a better place.  Also, it could be included in the applications section
in another chapter.

Thoughts?

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:46 AM, Sayantan Das <sayantan13@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thank you for merging the topic into the main file. I have a question
> though. Do you think we should have HUD as a separate section in the
> chapter? The way it has been implemented in the chapter, it looks like HUD
> is a feature of Dash, which is not correct. HUD is a completely different
> application.
>
> Also, under the heading searching for commands, Alt+F2 should come, which
> is actually used for searching and/or executing commands.
>

> Regards,
>
> *Sayantan Das*
>
> ----------------------------------
> Use Linux. Be free !
> http://www.tuxtrix.com
>  <http://easylinuxos.sf.net/>
>

> On 29 May 2012 04:14, Jim Connett <jimandmarcy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone!
>>
>> I incorporated Sayantan's HUD feature into Chapter 2.  I also got MOST,
>> but not ALL of the screenshots done for Chapter 2. I hope to have these
>> completed and pushed by Wednesday evening.  I'm also editing as I go, so I
>> do hope that the push on Wednesday evening will be a 'virtually completed'
>> Chapter 2...of course, another set of eyes on it certainly would be welcome.
>>
>> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Hannie Dumoleyn <
>> lafeber-dumoleyn2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>>  Op 28-05-12 17:17, Hannie Dumoleyn schreef:
>>>
>>> Op 28-05-12 00:08, John Cave schreef:
>>>
>>>  I have had a look through the nautilus to end of chapter section, and
>>> made some changes, including that you can now change the size of launcher
>>> icons. Where do I need to put it?
>>>
>>>  John C

>>>  Hi John,
>>> Thanks for doing so. Good idea, to add "launcher icon size". There is a
>>> screenshot, page 32 in my manual.pdf, with the "Launcer icon size" slider
>>> at the bottom, but that screenshot is about Appearance preferences. You may
>>> add the text wherever you think is the best place.
>>> Regards,
>>> Hannie
>>>

>>>  Sorry, I misunderstood your e-mail. Patrick already answered how to
>>> push it to Launchpad. If you are not sure how to do it, please send
>>> ubuntu-desktop.tex to me and I will push it for you.
>>> Regards,